TransitionKW is announcing that we have received grant funding from the Region of Waterloo for our proposal to create a climate change adaptation toolkit for individuals and communities.
These are the questions we’re hoping to answer through this project:
- What will climate change do to energy, infrastructure, food, water and the economy of our region?
- What will we need to do to prepare for these changes?
- What does our community know already about adaptation?
- Where can we get help for adaptation? (E.g. local businesses and NGO’s)
- What other benefits can we receive from preparing for climate change?
We have a lot we need learn about! In the next few months we will be holding focus group discussions with community members and climate change experts to help us answer these questions and more. Stay tuned to the blog for announcements, or contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also need some brilliant people to volunteer with us on the toolkit. Please see the list of volunteer positions here: